Caring Essentials Collaborative, LLC
the globally recognized first choice in evidence based coaching and mentoring for patient centered cultural transformation
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Dr. Seuss - The Lorax
- LOVED this!!! This session made coming to the NANN conference worthwhile! Amazing experience!!!
- This speaker was able to effectively explain the neurobiological and effects of early environments on later behaviors. The impact of the smallest of behaviors and interventions can make the largest effects on brain development.
- Fabulous session. Opened eyes to many issues involved around bonding and brain development. Would have been a great opening session. Loved all of the U-tube clips. Great speaker.
- Exceptional presentation!! Loved the focus for a General Session topic. Mary's passion was evident in every word spoken. She was able to deliver her presentation in a manner that not only kept the audience engaged but asking for more!! Her presentation will long be remembered and I believe those of us assembled in the room will now become warriers for out patients and families. Superb presentation Mary!! Thank you so very much!!
- AMAZING speaker!!!! Loved her and I would come to any event I could that had her as a speaker. If she had time I wish she could tour around hospitals across the country and speak to NICU nurses.
- This speaker was amazing and provided a very stimulating, attention grabbing, moving session. It was very heart felt and memorable. Best speaker of the weeekend!
- If I could have brought my entire unit to only one presentation at this year's NANN conference, it would have been this one. While everything I was exposed to & taught about at the entire conference was relevant & valuable for my current practice as a staff RN, it was this session about trauma-informed NICU nursing that has completely transformed the lens through which I view my practice now. Even a month after the conference I am still ruminating over the issues presented in this session & am eager to take this idea of trauma-informed care back to my home unit.
- I LOVED this session! Mary was the best speaker that I heard while attending NANN. I felt encouraged and excited after her lecture and wanted to become a better neonatal nurse after hearing her speak. Please bring more speakers like Mary to future conferences.
- This should have been the Keynote Presentation. I thought this was amazing, inspiring, and very interesting. The speaker was dynamic and the topic was excellent. Truly I felt that this presentation alone made the conference worthwhile.
- Very effective presenter and presentation. I will always remember the statement, "Every time you interact, you leave an impression." I have passed the Cleveland Clinic Empathy video on to my unit leadership.
- This was one of the best sessions I went to, Mary was an amazing speaker and really opened my eyes to the trauma that not only the premies go through but also the parents. It has definitely shed some new light to my practice.
- I can not express in words how impactful and important I thought this presentation was to this conference. It was presented in an engaging and charismatic way where you could not help but be engaged. Mary was thoughtful, funny, informative and her passion for our field was incredibly apparent through every word. She inspired me to take a step back and really consider how I care for my patients. This was by far the best presentation of this conference and something that will stay with me throughout my entire career. Kuddos for Mary. This was fantastic.
- This woman brought tears to my eyes. I would love to buy that session in a audio if possible. Out of all the session, I really loved her speech and it resonate with me so well. OMG! She was wonderful!!!!
- It opended my eyes to how much trauma is inflicted on the HCT/Family/ and patient by being in the NICU and how we all need to work as hard as possible to help each other through this traumatic time.
- Best talk I attended at the NANN conference! Wonderful speaker. Clear and concise information that hit home. Inspired me and made me feel like I'm making a difference.
- Amazing session. It changed how I look at our families in the NICU and what they are going through on a deeper level.
- This was the best session and made me see things through the parents eyes without making me feel guilty.
- Mary was amazing...Every nurse needs to hear her speak..My favorite part of the conference..Would love to have her speak to my nurses...Everyone at my table was crying!
- This was one of my absolute FAVORITE speakers!! Loved her!! She was a great presenter and had great information to share with us! Loved the incorporation of playdough into the presentation. :) She rocked!
- Awesome! This should have been the conference opener. Very inspiring,relevant and heartfelt topic and amazing speaker! Definitely one of the "jewels" of this conference.
- My most favorite session in the entire conference! Mary was dynamic, funny, engaging and well-spoken. She should have been the keynote speaker! Absolutely LOVED her and her presentation!!
- Outstanding presentation. Viewing NICU in this paradigm makes a lot of sense. Fabulous speaker!
- Loved this presentation! I could listen to Mary talk all day and night! She's hilarious, dynamic, and very entertaining. This certainly isn't a widely addressed topic, however it's extremely important. Wish I had this presentation to share on my unit!!!
- Outstanding persentation. Impressed with her style of communication and her videos. Had impressive ability to connect with the conference attendees. Great knowledge base of topic.
- It was awesome ! It would have been nice ( maybe at next conference) to have a breakout on how to operationalize this
- Super! A great way to put into perspective the trauma at a critical time in development
- The best presentation of the conference. Wish she had more time. Would love to see her again.
Notes from Mary
NOVEMBER 7, 2013
Comments from the 2013 NANN Conference - Thank you to all!
Caring Essentials has so much to be grateful for this year!
- First, thank you to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) for the opportunity to collaborate with you over the next 3 years, hardwiring the principles and practices of trauma-informed, age-appropriate care in your NICUs - wicked psyched about your 2014 Graven abstract acceptance describing your good work & achievements!
- Thank you Rebecca and Francoise for coordinating and facilitating the amazing workshops we got to do in Belgium and thanks to the staff and leaders at HUDERF, UZ Gent, GZA Antwerp, CHBAB, and Grand Hopital Charleroi for your enthusiastic attendence and participation - merci et dank u!
- Thanks Alison and Fiona for the awesome opportunity to present 'Developmental Essentials in the NICU' to the NICUs of the Scottish NHS; and thanks to the folks who attended both in person and virtually - hope to visit again!
- And, finally, thanks NANN for the opportunity to present on the concept of Trauma-Informed, Age-Appropriate Care in the NICU - I truly am grateful. Check out the kind and inspiring comments from attendees of this year's conference below!